Follow these steps to get started. This Quick Start assumes you are comfortable working with your router and Internet connections.
Create an account on MyQSX.net:
1. Launch CommCat Mobile.
2. Enter your name, call and email address in the log in window.
3. If you already have a MyQSX account, enter the Registration Code, or
4. Tap Submit and watch your email for your Registration Code, then
5. Restart CommCat Mobile, enter your Registration Code and tap Submit.
Connect to your radio:
If you are using CommCat:
1. Confirm that CommCat is controlling your radio properly.
2. In CommCat, go to File>Settings>Program>Mobile.
3. Check Mobile Enabled.
4. Check Auto Connect.
5. CommCat shows the Internet IP, LAN IP and port number. You can enter a dyndns address for the Internet IP.
6. Set up Port Forwarding in your router using the port number and LAN IP.
7. Test Port Forwarding to confirm your settings.
If you are using QSXer:
1. Start QSXer.
2. In QSXer, go to File>Settings>Personal and enter your call and email address.
3. Go to File>Settings>My Account and set up your account. Use your CommCat Mobile Registration Code if you don't already have one.
4. Go to File>Settings>Program>CommCat Mobile.
5. Check Mobile Enabled.
6. Check Auto Connect.
7. QSXer shows the Internet IP,. LAN IP and port number. You can enter a dyndns address for the Internet IP.
8. Set up Port Forwarding in your router using the port number and LAN IP.
9. Test Port Forwarding to confirm your settings.
If you are using Direct Connect:
Note: Direct Connect only works with supported radios. See CommCat Mobile Remote Control settings for a current list.
1. Determine the IP of the Internet connection device (you can do this from your router connected devices window).
2. Set up Port Forwarding in your router.
Connect CommCat Mobile:
1. In CommCat Mobile, go to Settings>Remote Control.
2. Confirm that the IP and Port settings are correct.
3. Select the radio you wish to use.
Enable CommCat VoIP:
1.CommCat VoIP requires that you have a CommCat Live account or CommCat VoIP subscription.
2.In CommCat 4.5 or later, go to File>Settings>Live>Audio>VoIP. In QSXer 3.0 or later, go to File>Settings>VoIP Audio.
3.Put a check in the Enable VoIP box.
4.Select the audio in and audio out devices on your computer that are connected to your radio.
5.If using CommCat, go to File>Settings>Program>Mobile and put a check in AutoConnect. In QSXer, go to File>Settings>CommCat Mobile and make the same selection.
6.If using CommCat Live, send Email to CommCat Support requesting that VoIP be enabled for your account. CommCat VoIP is enabled for QSXer after your account has been set up.
7.Use the AUDIO button in the CommCat Mobile macro button bank to connect and disconnect VoIP.
or Configure Skype:
1. Set up two Skype accounts, one for your shack computer and the other for your iPad.
2. Connect the receive audio from your radio to the LIne In on your computer.
3. Connect the Line Out on your computer to your mic input.
4. Go to Skype Tools>Options.
5. In Audio Settings, set up the incoming and outgoing audio.
6. In Calls, check Answer incoming calls automatically.
7. Start Skype on your iPad.
8. Call your shack account.
9. If using CW or just listening, mute the iPad mic to prevent AGC pumping.